Brunch is my favorite part of the weekend. What’s yours?
We are adding sprinkles of creativity to this vegetarian recipe. This spinach, mushroom, cherry tomato and feta cheese quiche is extremely delicious and colorful.
This tomato, mushroom spinach and feta quiche is light and healthy with LOTS of flavor! Sautéed onions and garlic are tossed with baby spinach, tomatoes and roasted red pepper before being mixed with eggs and cheese. Baked with a sprinkle of feta for an incredibly satisfying breakfast.
There is just something magical about eating pie crust for breakfast. Seriously, do yourselves a favor and give it a go. You won’t regret it!
One of our family’s favorite rides at Universal Island of Adventures is Popeye’s Water Rapids. Cartoonist E.C. Segar successfully achieved his goal of getting children to eat their vegetables. Who wouldn’t want supernatural powers from eating one of the most nutritious foods with numerous health benefits?!
- The name “spinach” is derived from the word ispanai meaning “green hand.” In Latin, it became spanachia, which eventually evolved into the present word.
- Great Depression cartoonist E.C. Segar chose the vegetable spinach to give his comic strip character Popeye the Sailor superhuman powers.
- Spinach is a cool-season crop that belongs to the goosefoot family along with Swiss chard and beets.
- Alma, Arkansas, the “spinach capital of the world,” holds an annual spinach festival each April.
Grab some bubbly, make this yummy quiche and set the vibe for the weekend.
- Frozen pie crust
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup brown mushrooms
- Fresh basil leaves (optional for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Use nonstick spray to grease a 10-inch pie dish.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the chilled pie crush until you have a circle that is slightly larger than your pie dish. Prick the bottom with a fork a few times. Arrange the pie crust into the pie pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, heavy whipping cream, spinach, salt, pepper and mushrooms together.
- Pour egg mixture into pie dish, place cherry tomatoes on top and top with feta cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the quiche from the oven, and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.