Sweet and deliciously tasty bites that are perfect for a get together with your favorite friends or a holiday party.
You can transform your Christmas event to one that’s talked about for years with Santa’s Cookie Cake.
Yes, you heard that, right!
Christmas is the best time to share traditions. Christmas eve without Christmas Cookies won’t be the same; Santa’s Cookie Cake is a fun spin on Santa’s Christmas treat!
I’m very visual and often have a vision in my head of the recipe I want to create. That was the case for this recipe. The picture was riding the San Francisco Emporium escalator in the late 80’s with my mom and hearing Santa Claus coming to town as I rode to the top floor. The tables were filled with holiday treats in the winter wonderland, but what caught my eye was Santa’s Cookie Cake.
So, I decided to make Santa’s Cookie Cake with my son Lawrence (LTP) for Santa’s 2020 Christmas treat.
Long story short, it turned out fantastic.
Let’s Prepare Santa’s Cookie Cake
Wash your hands, put on your favorite holiday tunes (our favorites are Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas Is You and Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms) and let’s get cooking!
Ingredients for Santa’s cookie cake:
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups HERSHEY’S MINI KISSES
Ingredients for frosting:
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- Food coloring, your choice!
- HERSHEY’S MINI KISSES
- For baking the cookie, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Set a large piece of parchment paper over a round cookie sheet and keep it aside.
- In a mixer, mix unsalted butter, vanilla, and sugars. Beat all the ingredients well until creamy texture.
- Add eggs and yolk, mix them well until combine.
- Take another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine all the dry and wet ingredients slowly until the dough becomes thick and consistent.
- Now add your favorite HERSHEY’S MINI KISSES and mix the batter well.
- Transfer the dough to the cake pan, and bake in a 350-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let it cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Instruction for Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter and vanilla with the help of a beater until fluffy.
- Mix powdered sugar in the above mixture one cup at a time along with 1 tbsp milk.
- Now add together the food color of your choice (optional).
- Make sure the consistency of frosting should be thick.
- Decorate the baked cookie cake with frosting and enjoy.
Want to add a twist to Santa’s Cookie Cake? Decorate the frosting with additional sprinkles and HERSHEY’S MINI KISSES to add a little creativity.
Try this recipe; it will become a holiday staple in your home. The Best Santa’s Cookie Cake I ever ate!
If you haven’t tried Santa’s Cookie Cake before, I must say you are missing something delicious.
Try this recipe with your kids in your kitchen; you will fall in love too!