A quick, healthy, and hassle-free dinner? Sign me up!
This summer has gone by way too fast – but we’ve been enjoying every moment! We have indulged in baseball games <GO GIANTS GO!> multiple trips to Mitchell’s, our favorite local ice cream shop, and more recently glamping at KOA Kampgrounds of America. It’s certainly been anything but dull!
Now, even though we aren’t quite ready to get back to work and school routines, I can’t help but to start planning. Life gets busy – fast! I like to be prepared where possible to help the transition, and meal planning is one of those tedious tasks that’s easy to get out of the way. When it comes to mid-week meals, recipes need to be 3 things – delicious, healthy, and QUICK! This One-Pan Baked Salmon and Vegetable Medley is every one of these things, and it’s LTP approved – BONUS!
One-Pan Meals For The Win!
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – easy mid-week meals are a LIFESAVER! There’s always at least one night where I resort to a quick “thrown together” dinner, whether we have an evening filled with homework and extra-curriculars, or I just need something fast to save me on a day I feel burned out. I’m always on the hunt for special recipes like this one though. Not only is this Baked Salmon and Vegetable Medley quick and easy to make, but cleanup is a breeze too! Dishes are my least favorite chore, so you can bet that Lawrence (LTP) was happy that this whole meal was cooked in only one pan.
Quick, Nutritious Meals on Repeat
I’m sure other parents can agree that finding meals that your family they will eat, that are easy to make, and healthy… feels like a never-ending chore! Sure, we love to have fast-food or frozen meals as a treat, but with how busy our life can get, it can too easily become a bad habit. Having easy meals like this one on hand is perfect because it covers all the bases plus it’s so easy to switch up the ingredients and flavors so you can use it on repeat!
When I find a recipe that’s versatile like this, it sticks around for a while. Salmon is a great protein that works with so many flavors and ingredients, so although this recipe is A-MAZ-ING as is, it’s so easy to make it something completely new with only a few changes. No rush though – give the original recipe a try first, it’s too good, and too easy not to!
- 1 lb salmon cut into fillets, skin removed
- 16 oz pkg of cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 4 oz tomato and basil feta crumbles
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 Lemons, cut into slices
- Parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop all your vegetables into small, bite size pieces.
- Combine all of the seasonings in a small dish, reserve ¼ of the mixture for the end.
- Add the vegetables to a baking dish with the feta cheese, seasoning mix, and olive oil. Toss them together until thoroughly combined.
- Place the salmon pieces on top of the vegetables and sprinkle the reserved seasonings on the salmon with an extra drizzle of olive oil. Top with lemon slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if you like – enjoy!