It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas and Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, but yet many of us won’t be able to spend time without families. Well, I’m going to surprise and delight your taste buds with a recipe that is pretty close to heaven in a bowl.
If you have never tried it, seriously, you are missing something big. With the bright flavor of mint, it’s one of the 10 most popular ice cream flavors. It’s the perfect frozen treat!
Incredibly easy to make and is most certainly a crowd pleasing dessert. The best part is it doesn’t involve egg yolks, heating the mixture, or waiting for hours to cool down.
Ingredients for Mint chip Ice Cream:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup chopped HERSHEY’S MINI KISSES
- In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and mint extract. Fold
whipped cream into condensed milk until combined. Fold in HERSHEY’S MINI KISSES.
- Pour into a loaf pan and cover tightly (lid or plastic wrap).
- Place in the freezer overnight before serving.
The best part of the recipe is that it is delicious to eat and super quick and easy to make. It’s so smooth and creamy with the perfect amount of sweetness from condensed milk and HERSHEY’S MINI KISSES.
3 Essential Tips for Storing Homemade Ice Cream
- Store ice cream in the back of the freezer
When ice cream warms and cools too much an unpleasant grainy texture develops. Keep
ice cream stored in the back of the freezer where the temperature is the coldest and most
- Use a shallow, flat container
Shallow, flat containers help keep ice cream at an even consistency. Perfect for scooping!
- Don’t store your ice cream on the freezer door
It’s an easy storage spot for sure, but PLEASE resist the urge. Items stored in the freezer door are subject to the most temperature fluctuation. Save that space for butter and bread.
If you haven’t tried homemade Mint chocolate Chip Ice Cream, I must say that you are missing something delicious.