It’s Leah and Lawrence (LTP) in the kitchen once more, and it’s all about breakfast, our Kale & Avocado Breakfast Smoothie, to be exact. This greens-infused breakfast smoothie is the perfect way to start the day, especially now that school and work are back in session. Because I don’t know about you, but for me, back to school and work mornings seem even more hectic these days, even though Lawrence (LTP) is attending classes virtually and I’m working from home.
Not sure what it is, but we definitely needed a faster breakfast recipe. Those long lazy mornings of cooking a big breakfast are on pause until the school break – or at least the weekend.
Now, what’s so special about this breakfast smoothie that Lawrence (LTP) and I have put together? This recipe gets you and the kids energized and ready to take on the day, whether that means online classes for the kids or zoom meetings for the parents working from home.
So, if you’re thinking about how many weeks are in a school/work year and how to prepare breakfast for every day given all the upheaval, this smoothie is a nice recipe to have in your book.
Why the Greenly Breakfast Smoothie works
- The combination of ingredients provides an early morning boost to get your day started right. It’s packed with fiber and protein to give you an energy boost all morning.
- You can prep the ingredients beforehand and stick them in the freezer. Then pull them out, pop them in the blender, and that’s breakfast.
- It’s kid-friendly. Lawrence (LTP) loves his Kale & Avocado Smoothie, and I’m sure, once your kids like the greens we use, they will love the smoothie version. So, no need to worry about providing a nutritious breakfast that’s quick and easy to make for the kids.
This green smoothie is a lifesaver when it comes to making a quick breakfast for the family and me.
Now, on to the recipe and how to make this breakfast smoothie just right.
PREP: 3 mins COOK: 1 min TOTAL: 4 mins SERVINGS: 2 smoothies
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1 cup almond milk or a milk of your choice
- 1 banana cut into pieces
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ apple cut into pieces
- 2 cups of ice
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 slice of lemon
Add to blender kale, almond milk, banana, non-fat Greek yogurt, apple, ice, avocado, almond butter, honey and lemon juice. Cover with lid and blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses, serve immediately and enjoy!
Questions about the Kale & Avocado Smoothie
Can this smoothie be frozen?
Yup, you can prepackage your ingredients and store them in the freezer to make it easier and faster to prepare. So, make individually frozen smoothie packs, then dump the contents into your blender in the morning.
Is the greenly breakfast smoothie healthy?
It certainly is. I make it for my family, and I’m all about ensuring we have healthy, nutritious, and filling meals.
Is a breakfast smoothie filling?
The Kale & Avocado Smoothie is made as a breakfast replacement. So, it’s packed with all the essential nutrients to not only give you a boost in the morning, but to help you stay focused until it’s time for lunch.
Ready for a filling breakfast?
I know I am. And your kids will be too. The Kale & Avocado Smoothie is a great way to get more fruits and veggies into you and your kid’s diet. So, make and sip away.
Then, after you’ve tried this smoothie, tag me on Instagram at @leahtpimentel and let me know what you think, and if the kids loved it as much as my Lawrence (LTP) did.